Am I entitled to an attorney?
The parent, even if indigent, is not entitled to a public defender. The parent can always hire an attorney. Parents can and have brought these petitions before the court without legal representation. The juvenile will be provided an attorney at no cost to the juvenile or the family.

Show All Answers

1. What is it?
2. Who is an at-risk youth?
3. How does the process work?
4. Who pays for treatment?
5. Am I entitled to an attorney?
6. I need more information?