Can I view public administrative records in-person?

To view original or stored paper copies of administrative public records belonging to courts or judicial branch agencies at the court or judicial branch agency you will need to complete the Request for Administrative Records and submit it to the Superior Court PRO at the agency or court indicating you wish to view the records in-person.  You will then need to make an appointment with the Superior Court PRO to view the records in-person at the court or judicial branch agency where the records are located.  While there are no charges or fees associated with viewing administrative records, there may be costs associated with the research necessary to find these records. See GR 31.1 (h) (4) and cost discussion below.

Judicial Administrative Records Page

Show All Answers

1. Does the public records act apply to the judicial branch?
2. What is the purpose of General Rule (GR) 31.1?
3. What judicial administrative records are available to the public?
4. Why are some records not available to the public?
5. If a record is available to the public, why may portions of the record be blocked out (redacted)?
6. How long are administrative public records kept?
7. How do I request a record?
8. What is the process for responding to the request?
9. What if I disagree with a decision of the PRO?
10. Can I view public administrative records in-person?
11. How can I get paper copies of records?
12. What is the cost for obtaining or viewing administrative records?
13. What happens if I do not pay for the records I receive?
14. Does the public records officer keep track of requests administrative public records?
15. Is the court or judicial branch agency responsible for what happens when other people use information they received from an administrative public record?