"The purpose of this site is to present matters of public interest in San Juan County to its many residents, businesses, and visitors. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a limited public forum and will be monitored by County staff on a regular, though not 24/7 basis. The comments and opinions expressed by the public on this site are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of San Juan County or its employees. An individual may be blocked from an Official County Social Media Account if he/she/they continually violate this policy after repeated warnings.
As such, under the San Juan County Social Media Policy, the County reserves the right to remove inappropriate content including but not limited to those that:
• Have obscene language or sexual content;
• Threaten or defame any person or organization;
• Violate the legal ownership interest of another party;
• Support or oppose political candidates or ballot positions;
• Promote violence or illegal activity;
• Discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation; or
• Contain personally identifiable or sensitive information, including medical information"