SAN JUAN COUNTY, WA. April 24, 2023 – San Juan County Treasurer, Rhonda Pederson, would like to remind county property owners that the first half property taxes and personal property taxes are due May 1. Since the due date falls on a weekend, mailed payments must be federally postmarked on or before Monday, May 1.
Payments received in person, via our secure payment box, or postmarked after the May 1 deadline, are automatically charged interest on outstanding balances. Please plan ahead to avoid interest charges.
How to pay your property taxes:
- By secure drop box: The box is located at the Court House entrance on the Sheriff side of the building.
- By phone: Payments may be made using our automated phone attendant by calling 877-816-9299.
- Online: Running short on time for don’t have checks? Take advantage of our convenient online payment options by visiting our website at www.sanjuanco.com/314/Treasurer.
- By mail: The envelope must be federally postmarked on or before May 1 for the payment be considered on time. Keep in mind, although you place your payment in the mailbox, federal postmarks often happen the next business day. If mailing your payment less than a week prior to the deadline, we strongly recommend having your envelope hand-canceled by the postal agent.
Mailed payments may be addressed to:
San Juan County Treasurer
PO Box 639
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Processing fees apply to contracted services (online and phone payments):
- Credit Card processing fee 2.5%
- Debit Card processing fee $3.95
- eCheck processing fee $2.00
Taxpayers enrolled in our autopay program should expect the first half payment for the amount listed on your first half tax payment coupon to debit your account on April 25, 2023.
Unsure what your property tax balance is or if you’ve already paid?
Use San Juan County property search feature by going to the parcel search page. You can view amounts due for 2023 and prior years, if applicable. You may also contact our office with questions or concerns by phone, 360-378-2171 or email at email@example.com. We are available Monday – Friday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
About the San Juan County Treasurer’s Office
The San Juan County Treasurer’s Office acts as the bank for the county, school districts, fire districts, special purpose districts, and other units of local government. The treasurer is also charged with the collection of various taxes that benefit a wide range of governmental functions. The department’s main office is located at 350 Court Street, Friday Harbor, WA 98250. For more information about San Juan County’s Treasurer’s Office, visit www.sanjuanco.com/314/Treasurer.